Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Equise Corpse Project 2

Hello!

I've been really busy, so I couldn't really blog much about my process on my equise corpse project. I started out by choosing an Art Era that I really enjoyed looking at. POP ART! I really like bright colors and how much they stand out. I began thinking about different Pop Artists and some of their most popular works. I first thought about Andy Warhol and the images of Marilyn Monroe. I thought it would be cool to set up my hand/foot print and alter the colors through photoshop. I kind of thought that has been done over and over again... so I thought about other pop artists. I also really like Roy Lichenstein's work, which looking like it came straight from a comic book. I thought I would challenge myself and scan only my finger print. I repeatedly copied and pasted my finger print and printed it out in various of colors. I arranged finger prints in a way where it looked like Lichenstein's paintings with the dots.

First, I sketched out what I was going to draw. Then, drew it on the poster board and outlined in black paint. After that, I started pasting all the finger prints. I used my original finger print scan for the face of the piece, pink fingerprint for the lips, blue for the eyes, and grey for the telephone. I also incorporated paint in my project to pop out even more colors. I used yellow paint for the hair and black paint for the edges. Yes, I cut and pasted EVERY finger print.

Here are pictures of my progress....




..........and the final product

No comments:

Post a Comment