Thursday, February 28, 2013

Grid Project

Hello!

I chose a picture to recreate in a grid. The picture is actually from a stationary card. The picture is of a panda laying in grass holding a tennis racket. I thought this would be a cool pixel design because of the major use of black/white. I always thought the stationary was cute and I've never drawn a panda before. I already ran into some difficulties while doing the assignment... I started with sketchbook paper and made a grid using centimeters. After making the grid, I realize that it was not 30 x 30. I still drew the image of the panda on the grid. Later on, I'm going to add lines to get more cubes, in order to reach the requirement. Also, another difficulty I'm having is the scale of the panda. The panda is coming off the page. I'm going to keep this, but not sure if it's going to take away from the final product. If I have to, I'll add extra grid paper. When I finish drawing the image and the extra lines, I'll shade the panda in color pencil. I might use sharpie for the black of the panda, but I'll see how the color pencil looks first. So far, I enjoy the assignment, but it is becoming VERY tedious.


Jenelle

No comments:

Post a Comment