Sunday, January 27, 2013

Baroque Art Period

Hello!

In class, we discussed the Baroque & Rococo art period. This was familiar to me because I've taken an art history course specifically on the Baroque & Rococo. This period was over-the-top dramatized in every way. It was exaggerated in a way of glorification. I found that it was interesting that opera was first developed during this time era. I haven't learned about the opera in previous courses, just strictly paintings, sculptures, etc. It was shocking to me that young boys would get specific surgeries to keep their high voices before hitting puberty. I couldn't believe that these people would seriously consider alter their child's body for the height of their voice. It shows that many people don't have many "limits".  I can't believe what humans would do to alter their body for appearance or talents. Even today, humans continue to alter their body with tattoos, piercings, and plastic surgery. I find the Baroque period very interesting and always exciting. This art era always kept you on your toes and always passed your expectations.


Jenelle

No comments:

Post a Comment