Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Blog 1

Hello,

This is my first blogging post... ever! My Art & Technology course motivated me to write my own impressions from class discussions and further assignments. First, I'll introduce myself. My name is Jenelle Morgan and I am a sophomore at the University of Tampa. My major is Digital Arts and my minor is Business Administration. I play tennis for the University of Tampa and looking forward to our spring season. I grew up in Flemington, New Jersey and currently live in New Hope, Pennsylvania. I have two younger sisters, whom are identical twins. I'm looking forward to taking this course!

Today, a couple of artwork has caught my interest during class. The 3D sculptures of the hand and the frog was really interesting. It was hard to tell what the object since it was skewed, but the image was clear when seen from the reflection of a reflective cylinder. This was fascinating to me because of how this object was seen. It was seen from a different perspective, like other art work we've discussed in class. Another piece of art that I found interesting was the scattered pieces of a clown's face. Each piece was hung in the case from finger-looking objects.  The clown face is shown completely pieced together from only a small lens. Both of those art pieces were shown from another perspective and used multimedia. Also, our human senses were discussed and how they affect our experiences with art, whether it be stepping inside a magnificent church, or looking at a painting. Our senses bring up memories when seeing photographs, which I found interesting. Every time I look at photos from that one vacation in Mexico, makes me feel the sand between my toes and hear all the crazy locals speak in their native tongue. I'm looking forward to learning more in the course, so far I'm enjoying the class!

Jenelle

No comments:

Post a Comment