Monday, January 28, 2013

The Birth and Life of Opera

Hello,


It was really interesting to watch The Birth and Life of Opera and learn a little more about the opera history. It's crazy to think about how much opera had such a big impact on music and art history, even though it's not typically a popular play people would go to today. It's also amazing to me how opera traveled to other countries and cities, which spread its popularity from Florence, Italy to the rest of the world. I found it interesting that politics were also involved with the operas. The French opened an opera called, "The End of the New Order". I had no idea that politics had a big impact in opera, that there would be conveying messages within the operas. When I think of operas, I think the video game, Assassin's Creed. There was one mission that I played where I had to find a person in the audience by climbing all around the building. I don't remember whether if it was a play or an opera in the video game, but it was set up close to how operas were set up back in the day. The arena was filled with people and thought of how amazing it would be to experience it.

Jenelle

No comments:

Post a Comment